Saturday, July 9, 2011

Washington DC iPhone pics 6

Day 6 was as hot as ever. It's not so bad when it's just hot, but it's so humid too! Oh well we are trying to make the best of it, even if we (me) get crabby ;)


My kids about to go in the Smithsonian Zoo. We were taking a water break :)


There weren't very many animals out, it was hot for them too, but we saw some cool ones. We really wanted to see the panda bears but they weren't out. We did see some elephants and gorillas though, we never get to see them. There is a gorilla in the above pic in the tree house.


My kids posing by a metal frog. I really like this pic.


An iguana


HUGE turtles


A lion and about 4 cubs. They are bigger now, but still really playful!


After the zoo we went to Arlington cemetery. It was really an amazing thing to see. It made me think of my grandpa who fought in WWII.


Alyssah was in awe too. We told the kids to be quiet and honor those who died and Alyssah really took the role seriously. She was so sad looking while we were there.


JFK and Jaqualine Kennedy Onassis' grave. Very awesome to see.


When we were done sight seeing we went to the hotel and went swimming. They were so excited!! I'm glad they love the water!


She was happy too! Of course!


Then when they were sleeping I looked over and saw Josh sleeping and he looked like a little boy. I can't believe how big he is.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: