Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Washington DC

Mark is here in DC for a US Canola Association meeting. And I could go along! I love DC, so much history here! After sleeping in, which I love, Mark was done with his meetings, and we went to lunch at Union Station. I had a crab cake sandwhich and Mark had a caesar salad with grilled chicken.


We then took the metro (like the subway) to the national mall. We didn't go to any museums because we were just here in July and we only had about 5 hours time to check everything out. But the views never get old!


We were SO EXCITED to know that the cherry blossoms were in bloom!! Yesterday (March 19th) was peak bloom! How lucky we were to have such a mild/warm winter everywhere! They were BEAUTIFUL!!


We walked by a flower library they called it, it was different flower plots. But it was pretty.


We went to the tidal basin to see all the cherry blossom trees!! This was also the 100th year since the Japanese has given the US the cherry blossom tree. Kinda cool :)


The Jefferson Memorial at the tidal basin. It was warm out too 75 and humid, but beautiful!


The trees are gorgeous! And they smell amazing too!


Some were pinker than others, I lived the pink ones!





World War 2 memorial.


I'm so glad I could come along with Mark again!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: