Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Santa

The kids were excited to sit on Santa's lap this year. Josh is still wondering if he is real, so we are really playing it up. I just am not ready to let him know that Santa isn't real. He sort of believes now, so I am happy with that. He did ask Santa for a wii! I am happy that we got one, hopefully helping him out this year. I have a feeling that this is his last year of believing. At least one good thing about that is, we can concentrate on what christmas is really about. I am so glad that we have 2 other kids that still believe and hopefully for a few more years will.
I get sad thinking about the time he was 4 and it was about 7am christmas morning when he climbed into bed with us. He was excited, but nobody else was up yet, so we waited for a while. About 15 minutes later, my mom got up, we could hear her upstairs getting ready and walking around. Josh's little head popped up and he said so excitedly, "Maybe that is Santa!" My heart melted, it was so innocent and sweet. I said, "Maybe, but I think it might be grandma." He said, "Yeah, Santa comes when you are sleeping." I remember that christmas so clearly. He was so little. And he really was into christmas too. Every gift he got was so amazing to him. I am so sad that he has grown up so much. Where on earth does the time go.
Alyssah sat on his lap, but at first she was really worried that we were going to leave. We stayed there, and then she was ok. I love this picture. They all look so good.


post signature

1 comments:

Kimberley said...

They are so cute Tressa!