Saturday, January 22, 2011

Puerto Vallarta Day one January 9th 2011

We headed out of Minot at 5am. It was cold and dark, and I am glad we were leaving to get to warmer temps! When we got to the cities, we ate some breakfast at the airport, and waited around to go for another hour or two. I was excited to go! We were sitting at an exit row, so that would mean MORE ROOM! I got to sit by the window, and I love looking out. We had a great flight, (both actually) so it was good. It was supposed to be an 4 and 1/2 hour flight, but we got there in about 4 hours.

Hello Puerto Vallarta!
We were about 20 mins from landing here, I am excited to see the mountains!
I've never gotten off the plane on the tarmac before, so I wanted to take a picture of it, and I actually got into trouble for it! I was told no pictures!

Our view from the hotel room. I loved it, and never got sick of looking out at the ocean!

The sun was getting close to setting. It was so beautiful! I loved every moment of it!

The mountains around there are big! They are bigger than the rocky mountains that we saw in the summer. I didn't know they were so big here!



Our hotel The Grand Velas

A nice beach shot! The water was cool, But it was so beautiful!

Other than on a ship, I've never seen a sunset on the ocean/beach before. It was beautiful!

A few years ago, I took the kids pictures of there names in the sand in Florida, and I wanted to do it with our names now. I think I might look at getting them framed!
We had a great first night in Mexico. I loved it, and for sure would go back in a heart beat! I am so lucky to have been able to go on the trip!


post signature


0 comments: