Saturday, August 20, 2011

Washington DC Highlights day 3

Day three took us to the Holocaust Museum. It took us about 4 hours to walk through the whole thing. It was very surreal what people had to go through. I think we could have walked through it everyday, and we would have had something new to read and learn while we were there. There was a lot to take in.



We weren't allowed to take many pictures inside, so this picture is one I got online.

After the holocaust museum, we went and got something to eat, and we camped out near the Washington Monument to wait for the fireworks. It was sooooo nice to just relax, and it was cloudy out, so not too hot! :) This picture of the kids is my favorite one that Mark took while we were there.

I'm impressed with how my camera takes firework pictures. I am also impressed with the fireworks in itself!! It was amazing!! I am so glad we could go there to see the fireworks, after all, how many people can say they have been at the capital on the 4th of July?




We stopped by a grocery store on our way back to the hotel, and got bottled water for the next few days. I really like this picture too :)





post signature


0 comments: