Sunday, August 21, 2011

Washington DC Highlights Day 6

Again, this day was another hot day. We went to the zoo, and to Arlington Cemetary. We didn't get to see many animals while we were there. They have panda bears there, and we didn't get to see them at all. I guess it was too hot for them too. But we tried to make the best of it.


They had a few of these spray stations, and it was nice to cool off in them.



Its a weird picture, but it is one of my favorites that I took this day :)

I have many pictures of the animals at the zoo, but I would have to have done a whole post on it. But this huge tortoise was soooooo big!! And there were 4 of them there too!!


Arlington Cemetary was really amazing. I am so glad I got to see it! There was gun shots when we were there. So we knew it was a funeral. I am so glad we got to go there.


And John F. Kennedy's grave site. And his wife and 2 babies that had died while he was in office. Very cool to see. After we went there we went back to the hotel and the kids went swimming. We also bought some food from the grocery store and ate in our hotel room. It was kinda fun :)




post signature


0 comments: