Saturday, August 20, 2011

Washington DC Highlights Day 4

We walked A LOT this day! We figured that we walked about 7 miles this day!! But it was worth it all!!


The Capital



It was so hot again, the kids are all sweaty here :) And in the middle of taking pictures, they were complaining through there smiles about how hot it was ;)

We didn't plan on going through the American History Museum, but I am glad we did. We cooled off some, and we enjoyed a lot of the artifacts. This is Abe Lincolns real top hat. He was wearing it when he was shot.


The Star Spangled Banner

It was huge! And it was really worn out too! We couldn't take pictures here, so again, I got this online. This flag is almost 200 years old!



The Lincoln Memorial


Marine One!! I didn't get to see it, as I was visiting Abe Lincole inside the memorial, so I was disappointed, but I am glad Mark got the picture of it!! :)


The kids in front of The White House

post signature


0 comments: