Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yellowstone Day 3

Another long picture post.
Day three was a good day! We got going early again, and took another way into Yellowstone. It was really nice out, and it was warm out too. I was excited to see all the scenery again. I love it! I could live here for sure! Or at least visit often.


Rushing rivers. They are a really awesome sound!

Mountains with snow.

Our princess


Bear tooth peak

On our way into the park, and this HUGE buffalo was standing in the middle of the road. And he had no intensions of moving either. But when we got close enough he finally moved.

Jake looking for bears. Through his beenockulars. That is how he says it! I love it!

Whenever we go anywhere, it rains. Today was no exception.

Josh taking pictures of a buffalo herd.

Jake too

Down the road there was another herd crossing the road. It was awesome to watch.

There was always one female who stood in the middle of the road and let the other bison through. They seemed to take turns. It was cool. You can see the female in front.

Very big!

Antelope

We ate lunch by this river. It was so nice out! And it was awesome to eat by a beautiful river.

They love to explore!

I wanted this awesome picture of them. And it didn't turn out so well either.

I leaned on this tree to get the awesome picture from above, and when I pulled my hand away it was full of SAP! I was so mad! And my hand was sooooo sticky!! And if you know me, you know I hate that!!

More waterfalls



Mammoth Springs from afar

It was busy here, and there were a lot of steps to take!

It looked so cool! All made from sulfer!



Water fall in Mammoth Springs. It was really hot. We were warned that touching any of the water could scald us.

I have to climb all these steps??

My family

At the top of the stairs was this beautiful scenery. It was worth the climb!



So pretty!

The water is boiling

I tried getting a picture of them, but it was really sunny out and it stunk! Alyssah wasn't a fan!

It just amazes me how the earth does this on its own.







I had much better luck here! They are so awesome!

And of course on our way down the trails, it rained on us. It was warm out, so that helped but it was uncomfortable none the less...

All wet!



A beautiful rainbow! I always remember God's promise to us!

Jake wanted to see a bear soooo bad. And everytime we saw a tree scraped from elk or deer he would say that baby bears also make those scrapes. He was so hopeful that we would see a bear!

She is always wanting to be cozy!

Josh

Jake

We went to the Norris Geyser Basin. It was so awesome there!

This geyser will go and it is the highest geyser in all of yellowstone, but it hasn't gone off in over 5 years. I would have loved to seen it!! It is always going a little bit.

Some more beauty! They sure do stink though!






It was constantly going


I love the beauty of the mountains.


Josh took our picture

I love it!

We were pretty convinsed we weren't going to see a bear while we were here. But we were lucky to see it on the last day, and the last half hour before sunset! The kids were super excited! The grizzly bear was pretty far out, and it had 2 cubs with her too! AMAZING!

There she is!

You can see the outline of her here!

All the spectators. There were tons of people there all taking pictures of it!

And you can see her 2 cubs too! Awesome! Jake and Josh were THRILLED to see the bear! I am so glad we did!

Beautiful sunset! What a nice night!

The Grand Tetons again. So pretty! This day was awesome! I am so glad we could come here!


post signature


0 comments: