Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Yellowstone trip day 2

This is a long picture post. But I didn't think I could shorten it much, and also this is my family memories as well.

Our day started out really good! We got going fairly early, (for us) and we ate breakfast. We ate at the Holiday Inn where we were staying and it was really good! We had the buffet, but it was expensive too. The kids were really happy to eat so well!!

After that we got all ready to go. We got ice for our cooler, and we headed out. We were excited to get going and I was super excited to see all the scenery and to take pictures too! I know Mark was as well.



Shortly after we left Cody Wyoming, we came upon a tunnel. It litterally went right through the mountain. It was cool and the kids really liked it!

We stopped at the small dam here, and we got to see the beautiful lake. It was so awesome to see the mountains right on the lake.

I LOVE this picture of Jake!! It is soooooo funny!! They were standing in front of one
of the engines or turbines, or something used in the dam.

The tunnel from the other side.

The dam

Looking down at the dam

The river between the valley

Beautiful mountains

I love the cactus!

I think it is so cool that the mountains are shaped like this.

My boys at a river just before we got into Yellowstone.

LOVE IT!

The kids thought the snow was so cool looking!

There were so many beautiful waterfalls there! I loved them all!

My 3 awesome kids!

There were a lot of forrests that had burned in the last 10 to 20 years or so. Alot of Yellowstone looked like this.

From Yellowstone we could see the Grand Teeton Mountains. They were really cool and the Josh really liked how they looked too.

Yellowstone Lake

The first big animal we saw! The boys were SOOOOO excited to see a Bison! There were 4 or so of them laying in the grass. So many people were out watching them.

Not that much farther down the road we saw an elk right beside the road.

So beautiful!

We finally got to some basins that were hotsprings. They were really hot and they stunk! Alyssah hated the smell! She didn't want to be anywhere there! But they looked so beautiful! I loved the colors of them!

So beautiful! I love it!

It was boiling!

So pretty! The colors are awesome!

Mud boiling.

In the cement there were bear tracks. I thought this was so cool! It shows how big there paws are!!

More elk in a field. They don't even look up when people drive by.



My handsome Jake!

My handsome Josh!

We got to Old Faithful RIGHT when it ended!! So we decided to walk around the whole part of the park and see all the scenery and small geyers there. It was really pretty! It had just got done raining so we were glad we didn't have to be in the rain to see Old Faithful.

More hotsprings

And boiling water! It was so neat to see the earth doing this! Not in a pot!

A view of some of the geysers and hotsprings.


This is Castle geyser, it doesn't erupt very often.





A shooting geyser, it went all the time. It never stops.



This bird was huge! It is a raven.

This is Beehive Geyser. It goes off every 10 days or so, and Josh and I were lucky enough to see it!!

We were waiting for Old Faithful to start. It was about to!

It was beautiful!


Josh and I were waiting for the bee hive geyser to go off. Mark took Jake and Alyssah to the bathroom. I am glad he let me go and watch it!

Its going to start!

And it goes! It goes higher and longer than old faithful! It was really cool to see it! We even got a sulfur shower too! We had to move even!

It shoots 200 feet in the air!



We then went and saw Yellowstone Canyon! SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! I loved the huge waterfall and the whole canyon was so pretty!



My 3 awesome kids! I love them!

I love the waterfall! It was so awesome! And so breath taking!

This looks like a painting! I just love it!

Another elk. It is so big!

This is from the other side of the canyon. I love it so much!

It was getting cool out and I love them! They were awesome today and really good for us!


They are so cute! I am soooo blessed!

post signature


0 comments: